Thursday, May 1, 2014

Super Hero Hubby

My brother was getting married and we were off to England.  We started to discuss people and places that we wanted to visit, and take our daughter to see.

We began to look for flights.  we realised they were rather expensive, because we would be travelling in high season, into the Northern Hemisphere summer.

Enter Super Hero Husband stage left!

Washing the dishes together the next evening, he suddenly came out with the suggestion that I should go earlier, with Miss S, and he would meet us later on.  This meant we could travel in the shoulder season, arriving in the springtime.

It would also mean, more excitingly, that we could visit Europe after all!

He pointed out that we had money available, and that as we had chosen to homeschool, we had no constraints of school schedules to stand in our way.  There was nothing to stop us.

I rejected the idea completely.

There was no way I wanted to make the trip without him.  My plan had always been for the three of us.  I didn't fancy it alone, and I fancied it even less, on my own with a small child.

It was out of the question.

But, after a few days, the seed of the idea started to grow in the back of my mind, and I began to consider the idea as a possibility.

It really did seem like a crazy notion.  But many who knew me could already vouch for my craziness.  Some of my best ideas have been my craziest!  I think a little bit of crazy keeps us all sane.

But was I brave enough?  Maybe.  I had survived other situations in my life that had required some courage.

Eventually, I realised that if I didn't go, I would regret it.  That this was really the perfect time and an amazing opportunity.

And that my Hubby was pretty amazing too!




1 comment:

  1. That hubby of yours is awesome!! I would struggle to make the same offer myself

    ReplyDelete